Ready to hire a social media virtual assistant (VA)?
Social media for your business or personal brand taking too much time?
My name is Connor Gillivan. I’m an entrepreneur and I’ve been running social media campaigns for the past 10 years.
No matter how much I master a social media channel, there’s always too much work to do.
- Posting daily
- Commenting on posts
- Engaging with comments on my posts
- Connecting with new people
- Learning from others
- Handling DMs
The list goes on and on.
If you’re running social media for your personal brand or business, I’m sure you can relate.
That’s why I put this article together…so that others have a framework for hiring a social media virtual assistant.
A social media VA can help get your time back while keeping your social media strategy going consistently and smoothly.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- What Is A Social Media Virtual Assistant (VA)?
- Social Media VA Case Study
- 25 Tasks a Social Media Virtual Assistant Can Handle For You
- How Much Does A Social Media Virtual Assistant Cost?
- Where Can You Find a Good Social Media VA?
What Is A Social Media Virtual Assistant (VA)?
A social media virtual assistant (VA) is like having a sidekick to handle all your social media needs.
They’re a remote worker who can handle tasks like:
- managing your social media accounts
- creating content
- running ads
- managing your online community.
Think of them as your very own social media superhero!
Hiring a social media VA can save you time, money, and the headache of managing it all on your own.
They can help take your social media presence to the next level and give you the freedom to focus on other important aspects of your business.
Social Media VA Case Study
Meet Sarah, a digital entrepreneur who was struggling to manage her social media presence on her own.
She was spending hours every day creating content, posting, responding to comments, and managing her community.
She knew she needed help but wasn’t sure where to turn.
One day, Sarah stumbled upon the idea of hiring a social media virtual assistant.
She did some research and found the perfect fit – a freelancer who specialized in social media management.
Sarah was a bit nervous at first, but after a few interviews and checking references, she decided to take the plunge and hired her social media VA.
Before making the hire, Sarah’s life was hectic.
She was juggling everything on her own, from content creation to community management, and it was taking up all her time.
She was constantly stressed, trying to keep up with the latest trends, and her social media presence suffered because of it.
Now that Sarah has a social media VA, her life has completely changed.
She has more time to focus on her business and personal life.
Her VA handles all her social media tasks, like posting, scheduling, and community management.
Sarah no longer feels the pressure of having to keep up with the latest trends, and she has more time to work on other important aspects of her business.
She can also enjoy her personal life without constantly worrying about her social media presence.
Overall, hiring a social media virtual assistant has been a game-changer for Sarah.
She’s been able to take her business to the next level, and she has more time to do the things she loves.
If you’re struggling to manage your social media presence, hiring a social media VA might be just what you need to take your business to the next level.
Let’s look at 25 ways that a Social Media VA can help you out.
25 Tasks a Social Media Virtual Assistant Can Handle For You
- Content creation
- Social media management
- Hashtag research
- Competitor analysis
- Content curation
- Social media ad management
- Analytics reporting
- Graphic design
- Video editing
- Content promotion
- Community management
- Influencer outreach
- Customer service
- Social listening
- LinkedIn profile optimization
- LinkedIn lead generation
- Instagram story creation
- Instagram reels creation
- Twitter management
- Facebook group management
- Pinterest management
- Blog management
- Email marketing
- Facebook ad management
- YouTube video editing and optimization
Want further inspiration for tasks to pass off to your social media VA? Check out this video:
How Much Does A Social Media Virtual Assistant Cost?
The cost of hiring a social media VA can vary depending on the level of experience and location you’re hiring from.
In general, a beginner-level social media VA might charge around $10-$20 per hour, while a more experienced VA could charge upwards of $30-$50 per hour.
However, keep in mind that rates can also vary based on the location of the VA.
For example, a VA based in the United States or Europe might charge more than a VA based in a developing country, like the Philippines or India.
If you’re looking to hire a social media VA, it’s important to set a budget and determine what tasks you want them to handle.
Some VA’s might have a set rate per hour, while others might charge a monthly retainer fee or project-based rate.
It’s important to communicate your budget and expectations upfront to make sure you find a VA that’s a good fit for your needs.
In the end, the cost of hiring a social media VA can be well worth it if it frees up your time and allows you to focus on other aspects of your business.
Just remember to do your research, set a budget, and communicate your expectations clearly to find the right fit for your business.
Where Can You Find a Good Social Media VA?
There are several places where you can find a good social media virtual assistant (VA). Here are five sites to start with:
- Upwork: Upwork is a popular freelance marketplace where you can find VAs with social media expertise. You can browse through profiles, check reviews, and even conduct interviews with potential candidates.
- Fiverr: Fiverr is another popular platform for finding freelance VAs. They have a wide range of social media experts available, and you can see samples of their work and check their ratings and reviews.
- Freelancer.com: Freelancer.com is a global freelance marketplace where you can find VAs from around the world. They have a category specifically for social media experts, and you can see the hourly rate and location of each candidate.
- Onlinejobs.ph: If you’re looking for a VA based in the Philippines, Onlinejobs.ph is a great resource. They have a large pool of talented VAs with social media expertise, and you can browse through profiles and contact candidates directly.
- PeoplePerHour: PeoplePerHour is a UK-based freelance marketplace that has a wide range of VAs with social media expertise. You can search for freelancers by category or skill set and read reviews and ratings from past clients.
When it comes to finding a social media VA, there are many countries you can look to for talent.
Some popular countries include the Philippines, India, and Bangladesh, where VAs can be more affordable.
However, keep in mind that location shouldn’t be the only factor in your decision.
You should also consider the VA’s experience, skills, and communication abilities.
With the right research and communication, you can find a social media VA that’s the perfect fit for your business.
What Is Outsource School?
Outsource School helps you to unlock the potential of virtual assistants and accelerate your business growth.
This is the exact system Outsource School’s founders, Nathan Hirsch and Connor Gillivan, used to go from zero to 8 figures and 40+ virtual assistants with an exit in 2019.
Since being founded in 2020, Outsource School has helped 1,000+ business owners hire 2,000+ virtual assistants for their companies.
Free resources you might like:
- Outsource School Case Study: How We Scaled to 45+ VAs and 8 Figures in Revenue
- Free VA Calculator | See How Many VAs You Can Afford
- Free Training on 5 Keys to Working With VAs
- Learn Outsourcing 101 | Guides, Downloads, and Checklists
Hiring a social media virtual assistant (VA) can be a game changer for your personal branding or business social media strategy.
I’ve seen it first hand and I’ve also see other entrepreneurs tap into this as a way to free up their time while keeping their social media growing.
If you’re considering hiring a Social Media VA, consider joining Outsource School to get our exact hiring system.
You’ll be able to learn it within a couple of hours then apply it to hiring a rock star to manage your social media.
If you have questions, feel free to reach out to us at Support@OutsourceSchool.com.