Looking to hire an Amazon FBA virtual assistant?
Save time and money by hiring a virtual assistant for your Amazon FBA business.
My name is Connor Gillivan. I sold on Amazon from 2009 to 2016 and virtual assistants were a huge part of our growth to $25 million in total sales.
In this article, we’ll hit on everything you need to know about getting started with Amazon VAs.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What Is an Amazon FBA Virtual Assistant?
- 19 Tasks an Amazon FBA Virtual Assistant Can Take Over For You
- Where Can You Find Amazon FBA VAs?
- How Much Will an FBA Virtual Assistant Cost?
- Case Study: How an FBA VA Helped Jeff Scale to 7 Figures in Revenue
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is an Amazon FBA Virtual Assistant?
An Amazon FBA virtual assistant is a remote worker who specializes in assisting Amazon sellers with various tasks related to managing their Amazon FBA business.
FBA stands for “Fulfillment By Amazon,” which is a program where Amazon stores, picks, packs, and ships products on behalf of sellers.
An Amazon FBA virtual assistant can help sellers manage their Amazon business more efficiently and effectively by taking on various tasks such as product research, listing optimization, customer service, and inventory management.
They are familiar with the nuances of Amazon’s platform and can help sellers navigate the complex world of Amazon FBA.
19 Tasks an Amazon FBA Virtual Assistant Can Take Over For You
Here are 19 tasks that an Amazon FBA virtual assistant can take over for you:
- Product research: Conduct research to identify profitable products to sell on Amazon.
- Listing creation: Create and optimize product listings for maximum visibility and sales.
- Keyword research: Research and identify the best keywords to use in product listings and PPC campaigns.
- Competitor research: Analyze competitors’ listings and strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Inventory management: Monitor inventory levels, forecast demand, and reorder products when necessary.
- Order management: Monitor and process orders, manage returns and refunds.
- PPC management: Create and manage Amazon PPC campaigns to drive traffic and sales.
- Review management: Monitor and respond to customer reviews, handle negative reviews appropriately.
- Customer service: Respond to customer inquiries, handle customer complaints, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Sales analysis: Analyze sales data and identify trends to make data-driven business decisions.
- Market analysis: Monitor market trends and adjust business strategy accordingly.
- Email marketing: Create and execute email marketing campaigns to drive sales and customer engagement.
- Social media management: Manage social media accounts to increase brand awareness and customer engagement.
- Influencer outreach: Identify and contact influencers to promote your products.
- Product launch management: Plan and execute successful product launches.
- Bookkeeping: Manage financial records, process invoices, and reconcile accounts.
- Vendor management: Manage relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Translation: Translate product listings and other marketing materials for international markets.
- Reporting: Create regular reports on sales, inventory, and other important metrics to keep you informed about your business’s performance.
By hiring an Amazon FBA virtual assistant to handle these tasks, you can focus on growing your business and taking it to the next level.
Where Can You Find Amazon FBA VAs?
Here are some of the top websites where you can find and hire Amazon FBA virtual assistants:
- Upwork – Upwork is one of the largest freelance marketplaces online, where you can find thousands of virtual assistants with experience in Amazon FBA.
- Onlinejobs.ph – Onlinejobs.ph is a popular job board for Filipino virtual assistants. Many Filipinos are experienced in Amazon FBA and can be hired at a lower cost than many other countries.
- FreeeUp – FreeeUp is a curated marketplace of pre-vetted freelancers. They have a special focus on eCommerce businesses and offer Amazon-specific services, including Amazon FBA virtual assistants.
- Fiverr – Fiverr is another popular freelance marketplace where you can find virtual assistants with experience in Amazon FBA. You can browse through their profiles and reviews to find the right fit for your business.
- Indeed – Indeed is a job board that allows you to post job listings and search for resumes. You can use this platform to find Amazon FBA virtual assistants with specific skills and experience.
How Much Will an FBA Virtual Assistant Cost?
The cost of hiring an FBA virtual assistant can vary depending on a few factors, such as their location, level of experience, and the tasks you want them to handle. Generally speaking, virtual assistants from countries with a lower cost of living, such as the Philippines, will have lower hourly rates than those from countries like the US or the UK.
In the US, you can expect to pay anywhere from $20 to $50 per hour for an FBA virtual assistant, with some experienced VAs charging even more.
In the Philippines, hourly rates for FBA virtual assistants typically range from $5 to $10 per hour, depending on their level of experience and the tasks they are handling. However, keep in mind that rates can vary widely, and some highly experienced VAs may charge more.
It’s important to note that while hiring a virtual assistant from a country with a lower cost of living may seem like a good way to save money, it’s important to consider other factors as well. For example, language barriers, cultural differences, and time zone differences can all impact communication and productivity. Additionally, it’s important to consider the quality of work and the level of experience you need for the tasks at hand.
When hiring an FBA virtual assistant, it’s important to carefully consider your budget, the specific tasks you need help with, and the level of experience you require. With these factors in mind, you can determine a reasonable hourly rate for your virtual assistant and make an informed hiring decision that meets your needs and budget.
Case Study: How an FBA VA Helped Jeff Scale to 7 Figures in Revenue
Meet Jeff, an eCommerce entrepreneur who was struggling to keep up with the demands of his Amazon FBA business. Jeff was spending long hours every day handling customer service, managing inventory, and processing orders, leaving him with little time to focus on growing his business. Despite his hard work, Jeff was struggling to achieve the revenue growth he wanted.
One day, Jeff realized he needed help if he was going to take his business to the next level. He began researching virtual assistants and realized that an FBA VA could be the solution he was looking for. After some research, Jeff decided to hire a virtual assistant from the Philippines through Onlinejobs.ph.
The Hiring Process:
The hiring process was straightforward. Jeff created a job listing outlining the tasks he needed his FBA virtual assistant to handle, such as product research, keyword research, and inventory management. He also included his budget and the number of hours he needed the virtual assistant to work each week.
Within a few days, Jeff began receiving applications from qualified candidates. He reviewed each application carefully, looking for experience in Amazon FBA and the specific tasks he needed help with. After conducting a few interviews, Jeff found the perfect virtual assistant for his business.
Getting the VA Started:
Once the FBA virtual assistant began working with Jeff, he immediately felt the difference. He was able to focus on growing his business, while his virtual assistant handled the day-to-day tasks of managing his Amazon store. The virtual assistant was able to quickly learn Jeff’s business and make suggestions for improvement, helping Jeff to streamline his operations and improve his bottom line.
With the help of his FBA virtual assistant, Jeff was able to scale his business to 7 figures in revenue within a year. He was able to launch new products more quickly, optimize his listings, and better manage his inventory. He was also able to provide better customer service, resulting in more positive reviews and increased sales.
Overall, Jeff’s decision to hire an FBA virtual assistant was a game-changer for his business. By outsourcing routine tasks and focusing on growth, he was able to achieve the revenue growth he had been striving for. If you’re struggling to keep up with the demands of your Amazon FBA business, consider hiring an FBA virtual assistant to help you streamline your operations and achieve your business goals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What skills do you need to be an Amazon seller virtual assistant?
To be an Amazon seller virtual assistant, you should have knowledge and skills in Amazon FBA, product research, keyword research, inventory management, customer service, and data analysis. Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently are also important for success in this role. Depending on the specific tasks the Amazon seller needs help with, additional skills such as social media management or graphic design may be required.
2. How much does an Amazon virtual assistant cost?
The cost of an Amazon virtual assistant can vary depending on their experience, location, and the specific tasks they will be handling. Generally, you can expect to pay anywhere from $3 to $20 per hour for an Amazon virtual assistant, with rates typically being lower for VAs located in countries like the Philippines. It’s important to balance cost with quality to ensure you are getting the best value for your money.
3. Can you hire a virtual assistant part time?
Yes, you can hire a virtual assistant part-time. In fact, many virtual assistants offer their services on a part-time basis, allowing you to hire them for the specific number of hours you need each week or month. This can be a cost-effective solution for businesses that don’t require full-time support or that have fluctuating workloads. Hiring a part-time virtual assistant can also allow you to test the waters and see if outsourcing is a good fit for your business before committing to a full-time hire.
What Is Outsource School?
Outsource School helps you to unlock the potential of virtual assistants and accelerate your business growth.
Since being founded in 2020, Outsource School has helped 1,000+ business owners hire 2,000+ virtual assistants for their companies.
Free resources you might like:
- Outsource School Case Study: How We Scaled to 45+ VAs and 8 Figures in Revenue
- Free VA Calculator | See How Many VAs You Can Afford
- Free Training on 5 Keys to Working With VAs
- Learn Outsourcing 101 | Guides, Downloads, and Checklists
An Amazon FBA virtual assistant can help you:
- Save time
- Pass mundane tasks off your plate
- Let you focus on growth more
- Systemize your business
- Grow faster
- Build a business that doesn’t depend solely on you
If you want that, we’d love to help through Outsource School and we welcome any and all questions to Support@OutsourceSchool.com.