Are you a Shopify business owner?
Do you feel overwhelmed by all of the work on your plate?
If yes, you need to hire a Shopify virtual assistant.
They can help get tasks off your plate so you can focus on growth for your business.
In this article, we’ll cover the following:
- What is a Shopify Virtual Assistant?
- 17 Tasks a Shopify Virtual Assistant Can Help Your Ecommerce Business With
- Shopify Virtual Assistant Case Study
- Where Can You Hire a Shopify Virtual Assistant?
- How Much Does a Shopify Virtual Assistant Cost?
- What Is Outsource School?
What Is A Shopify Virtual Assistant?
So, let’s say you’re an eCommerce business owner and you’re selling products online using Shopify, a popular eCommerce platform. You might be handling everything on your own, which can be overwhelming at times, especially if you’re just starting out.
This is where a Shopify virtual assistant comes in. Essentially, a Shopify virtual assistant is a remote worker who specializes in helping eCommerce businesses like yours manage and grow their online stores on the Shopify platform.
They can handle a wide variety of tasks such as product listing, order processing, customer service, marketing, advertising, SEO optimization, website maintenance, content creation, and more.
By taking these tasks off your plate, they allow you to focus on the core aspects of your business, such as product development and customer relationships.
A Shopify virtual assistant can work on a part-time or full-time basis depending on your needs, and you can hire them from anywhere in the world. This allows you to tap into a global talent pool and find the perfect candidate for your business.
Overall, a Shopify virtual assistant can help streamline your eCommerce operations, improve customer satisfaction, and ultimately drive more sales and revenue for your business.
So, if you’re feeling overwhelmed with the day-to-day tasks of running your Shopify store, a virtual assistant might be just what you need to take your business to the next level!
17 Tasks a Shopify Virtual Assistant Can Help Your Ecommerce Business With
Here are 17 tasks you can hire a Shopify Virtual Assistant (VA) for:
- Product listing and optimization: The virtual assistant can help add new products to the website, optimize product listings for better search visibility, and manage inventory.
- Order processing: The virtual assistant can manage the order processing, update order status, track shipments, and handle customer queries related to orders.
- Customer service: The virtual assistant can handle customer inquiries, complaints, and provide customer support through live chat, email, or phone.
- Marketing and advertising: The virtual assistant can create and run marketing campaigns on social media, Google Ads, and other platforms, as well as help create content for the website and blog.
- SEO optimization: The virtual assistant can optimize the website and product listings for search engines, conduct keyword research, and develop an effective SEO strategy.
- Analytics and reporting: The virtual assistant can track and analyze website traffic, sales, and other metrics to identify areas of improvement and help make data-driven decisions.
- Email marketing: The virtual assistant can create and send promotional emails, newsletters, and other types of email marketing campaigns.
- Graphic design: The virtual assistant can design banners, graphics, and other visual elements for the website and social media channels.
- Social media management: The virtual assistant can manage social media channels, create content, engage with followers, and run social media campaigns.
- Website maintenance: The virtual assistant can ensure that the website is running smoothly, perform software updates, and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Content creation: The virtual assistant can create blog posts, product descriptions, and other website content.
- Product research: The virtual assistant can conduct market research to identify new product opportunities and trends.
- Competitor analysis: The virtual assistant can research and analyze competitors to identify areas for improvement and stay ahead of the competition.
- Influencer outreach: The virtual assistant can find and reach out to influencers to promote the website and products.
- Affiliate marketing: The virtual assistant can manage the affiliate program and find new affiliates to promote the website.
- Bookkeeping and accounting: The virtual assistant can manage bookkeeping tasks such as tracking expenses, preparing invoices, and managing finances.
- Inventory management: The virtual assistant can manage inventory levels, reorder products, and update the website with new products.
Shopify Virtual Assistant Case Study
Meet Sarah, a small business owner who runs an online store selling handmade jewelry.
Sarah had been managing her Shopify store on her own for several months, but she was starting to feel overwhelmed with the workload.
She was spending most of her time on administrative tasks such as updating product listings, managing orders, and handling customer service inquiries.
She found herself with little time left to focus on product development and marketing, which was affecting her sales and revenue.
That’s when Sarah decided to hire a Shopify virtual assistant.
She found a virtual assistant who had experience with Shopify and was able to work part-time, helping her manage her eCommerce operations.
Before hiring the virtual assistant, Sarah was spending around 50-60 hours per week on her business, mostly on administrative tasks.
She was struggling to keep up with customer inquiries and order processing, which was resulting in negative reviews and customer complaints.
She was also finding it difficult to come up with new marketing ideas and ways to grow her business.
After hiring the Shopify virtual assistant, Sarah’s workload was significantly reduced.
The virtual assistant was able to take care of tasks such as product listing and optimization, order processing, customer service, marketing, and advertising.
This freed up Sarah’s time to focus on developing new products and marketing her business. She was able to launch new product lines and run marketing campaigns that drove more traffic to her website.
Additionally, the virtual assistant was able to optimize the website for search engines, resulting in better search visibility and more organic traffic. This helped Sarah generate more sales and revenue for her business.
The virtual assistant also helped with bookkeeping and accounting tasks, which made it easier for Sarah to manage her finances and make data-driven decisions.
Overall, hiring a Shopify virtual assistant was a game-changer for Sarah’s business. She was able to delegate administrative tasks and focus on growing her business. This helped her increase sales and revenue, improve customer satisfaction, and ultimately take her eCommerce business to the next level.
Where Can You Hire a Shopify Virtual Assistant?
Here are six websites that specialize in providing Shopify virtual assistants for eCommerce businesses:
- FreeUp – FreeUp is a freelancer platform that offers pre-vetted eCommerce freelancers, including Shopify virtual assistants. Their virtual assistants can help with tasks such as product listing, order processing, customer service, marketing, and website design.
- Upwork – Upwork is a popular freelancer platform that offers a wide range of freelancers, including Shopify virtual assistants. Their virtual assistants can help with tasks such as product listing, order processing, customer service, marketing, and SEO optimization.
- Remote Staff – Remote Staff is an outsourcing platform that offers virtual assistants for eCommerce businesses. Their virtual assistants are trained in Shopify and can help with tasks such as product listing, order processing, customer service, and marketing.
- Shopify Experts – Shopify Experts is a marketplace for Shopify experts, including virtual assistants. Their virtual assistants can help with tasks such as website design, development, and maintenance, as well as marketing and advertising.
- Virtalent – Virtalent is a virtual assistant service that specializes in eCommerce businesses. They offer virtual assistants who are skilled in Shopify and can help with tasks such as product listing, order processing, customer service, marketing, and social media management.
- OnlineJobs.ph – OnlineJobs.ph specializes in helping business owners find and hire virtual assistants in the Philippines. You can easily post a job, get applicants, interview, and hire them for your eCommerce business.
How Much Does a Shopify Virtual Assistant Cost?
The cost of hiring a Shopify virtual assistant can vary depending on several factors such as:
- the location of the virtual assistant
- their level of expertise
- the scope of work
- the hiring platform fees
In the United States, the average hourly rate for a Shopify virtual assistant can range from $25 to $75 per hour, with some more experienced assistants charging even higher rates.
However, hiring a virtual assistant from the US can be more expensive than hiring one from other countries due to the higher cost of living and the stronger currency.
In the Philippines, which is a popular country for hiring virtual assistants, the average hourly rate for a Shopify virtual assistant can range from $5 to $15 per hour. This lower rate is due to the lower cost of living in the Philippines, which means that virtual assistants can work for lower hourly rates but still earn a good income.
In other common countries for hiring virtual assistants, such as India, Eastern Europe, and South America, the average hourly rates for Shopify virtual assistants can range from $10 to $25 per hour.
It’s important to note that in addition to the hourly rate, hiring through a platform such as Upwork, Freelancer, or FreeUp can also involve fees.
These platforms usually charge a fee based on a percentage of the total project cost or hourly rate.
For example, Upwork charges a sliding fee of 5% to 20% based on the amount billed by the freelancer, while FreeUp charges a flat rate of $2.50 per hour for every hour billed by the virtual assistant.
When estimating the cost of hiring a Shopify virtual assistant, it’s important to factor in both the hourly rate and the platform fees.
It’s also important to consider the virtual assistant’s level of expertise and the scope of work required.
A more experienced virtual assistant may charge a higher rate, but they may also be able to complete the work more efficiently and with a higher level of quality.
What Is Outsource School?
Outsource School helps you to unlock the potential of virtual assistants and accelerate your business growth.
This is the exact system Outsource School’s founders, Nathan Hirsch and Connor Gillivan, used to go from zero to 8 figures and 40+ virtual assistants with an exit in 2019.
Since being founded in 2020, Outsource School has helped 1,000+ business owners hire 2,000+ virtual assistants for their companies.
To sum up, hiring a Shopify virtual assistant can be an excellent way to help manage and grow your eCommerce business.
Whether you need help with product listing, order processing, customer service, marketing, website design, or other tasks, a Shopify virtual assistant can provide valuable support and free up your time to focus on growing your business.
When it comes to hiring a Shopify virtual assistant, you can find a wide range of options online through platforms like FreeUp, Upwork, Remote Staff, Shopify Experts, and Virtalent.
The cost of hiring a Shopify virtual assistant can vary depending on factors like their location, level of expertise, and the scope of work required.
For instance, hiring a virtual assistant in the Philippines can be more affordable than hiring one in the US.
When estimating the cost of hiring a Shopify virtual assistant, it’s important to consider both the hourly rate and any platform fees that may apply.
So, whether you’re looking for help with a specific task or need ongoing support for your eCommerce business, consider hiring a Shopify virtual assistant to help take your business to the next level.